Friday, May 1, 2020

May - ALS Awareness Month


Jonathan began his quest to spread ALS Awareness today - with the movement of his eyes. I daily stand in awe at this man. Gone are his hands, his legs, his voice, and to some extent his endurance. But not his eyes nor his personality. And so for each day during the month of May he plans to share a snippet of life with ALS.

Jonathan's Facebook Post for today:

I am extremely grateful for the love and kindness that has been extended to our family today! As some of you know, May is ALS Awareness Month. Our home has been decorated with hearts and sunflowers, our sidewalks filled with colorful messages of love, we have received cookies, candy, flowers, and dinner. I feel the love and I'm grateful for the love and compassion!

ALS affects approximately 20,000-30,000 people in the U.S., and many more worldwide. With a life expectancy of 2-5 years, ALS is brutally fast in changing lifestyles and making family life extremely challenging. Within a lifetime, there is a good chance that you, a family member, or someone you know will be diagnosed with ALS.

So, as we begin this month, I will try to share more of my experiences of living with ALS. I also want to invite discussion - If you would like to ask me questions in the comments, or message me, I will try to answer them.

More than anything, I just want to express my gratitude for my many blessings! Life is still wonderful! God is ever present in our lives!

#ALSAwarenessMonth #ALS #Grateful #HopeIsNeverLost

No comments: