Thursday, December 21, 2017

Yellow wool reborn


18 years ago as a senior in high school I wore that yellow sweater.  I don't remember why other than we were supposed to wear something hideous.  I rummaged a second hand store and found the itchiest thing on their racks.

Last night the sweater was reborn.  Just last month I looked at my box of costume clothing in the attic and told myself to just get rid of it because I likely would never use it again, but the in the back of my head was the little voice that said I would eventually have teenagers and they would need hideous clothing.

And so the 2017 ugly Christmas sweater was born.  I found a glitter stag, silk poinsettias, and jingle bells.  Added a touch of hot glue and hideous yellow sweater circa 1999 made it's way onto the runway again.  It was a really proud moment as a mother.




No comments: