Thursday, December 21, 2017

Cozy Coupe... Remade by Matthew



Christmas break is in full swing and yesterday the kids were antsy.   They were getting restless so I told the big kids to grab the little kids and take a lap around the neighborhood... about a 3/4 mile loop. From inside the kitchen window I saw Matthew riding through the backyard with an empty cozy coupe tied to his bike grinning ear to ear.  I have to admit, he is more of a genius than I will ever be.  I could see in his grin a recognition of how brilliant he was, a pat on his back for making his job exponentially easier, and deep down a little boy bliss knowing how insanely fun this was going to be for Aaron, probably wishing he were once again the stubby-legged two year old in the cozy coupe.  He eagerly solicited his tag-alongs, even dressing Aaron up in his own personal froggie hat and gloves Grandma Jenson gave to him from days living in North Liberty, IA.  And they were off.  Again and again and again.

And again today.

When Maggie realized how much fun she was missing out on she grabbed her hat and gloves and put Matthew's brains to the test once again.  This time forcing him to create a cozy coupe built for two.

My mama heart burst inside.  I love these little dumplings.  Every smidgen of them.  Then mother hen took over and I realized how dangerous it was to have Maggie hanging out the backside of the car going the speed Matthew's legs were pumping and instigated the passenger helmet rule.  I love these people.






No comments: