Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30... right on track

Growing up I envisioned what turning 30 would be like and I have to admit it is everything I imagined it would be. My oldest sister Cindi always refers to my phase of life right now as "being in the trenches." That is exactly it... living, loving, and thriving in the thick of raising 4 strippling warriors - with the eternal bonus of their Dad by my side. With utmost gratitude I must say that at 30 I am living the life I always dreamed. And feel honored to do it.

My birthday cake this year consisted of the last cupcake left from the refreshments we took to a baptism. It was German Chocolate so I was happy. We skipped candles this year. That's what happens when you turn 30.

I did get two of my very favorite things... slippers that I wear everywhere everyday. I got some last year for my birthday and have worn them out. These beauties are this year's replacement. I hate the feeling of walking on miscellaneous treasures on the floor. Crumbs on my socks makes me crazy and so does walking in wet spots. I keep my toes toasty and my socks free and clear - even in the dead heat of August.
My second favorite is Bath and Body Works yummy smellies.
Grandma wrapped a gift for me which was a beautiful journal and picture. The homefront hid the gifts in a duffle bag and pulled it out for the party. Jonathan is usually a meticulous and BEAUTIFUL wrapper. However, this year he was working like a dog getting a new sub floor laid in our hall bathroom and didn't get things wrapped. I reassured him I would much rather have a toilet than pretty paper.

Note: I am still waiting for a pink towel to call my own.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! If you come visit I'll get you that pink towel :)

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

You are such a young pup Amber! Happy 30th Birthday!