Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fair Days

I take it upon myself to be the mother of children that have an eye for quality pork. With such a heavily weighted responsibility upon my shoulders, I take every opportunity within reach to school them in the art of good lookin' bacon. Such an opportunity arose at the Johnson county fair. The boys were mesmerized by the hogs and the Relief Society women that went to the fair with us were even more dazzled by my ability to pick out the blue ribbon porker.

Matthew notices the nice lean look...


Adam just wanted to be in the pen with them.


Besides pigs, we took time to see all the other critters at the fair and got our hands on these nifty clown noses. The boys relished them... until they ripped.



Tomorrow we are off to the Iowa State Fair... a little bit of redneck heaven.

No comments: