Friday, October 10, 2008

Leaves!



We have a zillion trees. The leaves have really not started falling yet, but we decided to have a little fun with what we had. We piled up leaves and did the classic run, jump, hide leaf pile party. The boys loved it. I loved it too. The pile was really quite comfortable. I went to park the mower and came back to find Adam buried laying in the leaves with only his head poking out. He was listening to the rustle of the leaves and watching the trees blow in the breeze above him. I loved watching him have one of those little boy moments... when all the world exists in one scene, when everything holds still for you to enjoy a single moment in life, a filling of the senses that will linger into his adult life. My mother heart smiled.






1 comment:

Koreena said...

That's so awesome. And those pictures are priceless. I can't believe those leaves aren't even the beginning of the ones to fall in your yard!