Monday, February 14, 2011

Pink Toilet Water

I wanted to give Jonathan an extra special Valentine this year. I got up at 4:30am to feed Michael and stayed up to fix breakfast and decorate the kitchen for Valentine's Day. In my preparations I wanted to be sure to be the first to wish Jonathan a happy Valentine. I cut out a huge heart and wrote happy Valentine's Day on it and taped it to the inside of the toilet seat. A few drops of hot pink food coloring in the toilet water and a swish with a bamboo skewer from the kitchen I had one happy hello-good morning-gotta know you're loved valentine. I was rather giddy waiting for him to find his Valentine, however, I neglected to consider one major factor. I married a health care professional. You know... the individuals that get trapped in the O.R. for hours on end and develop bladders of steel. The ones that go to bed at night and stop and ask themselves if they have been to the bathroom all day. Yes, one of those kind of health care professionals. Up with the alarm, into the shower, out for a delicious breakfast and never once lifts the toilet seat. What a futile attempt. The boys however, got a kick out of it.

I hear Adam get out of bed and head to the bathroom. He lifts the toilet seat and I hear nothing. A few moments later I hear him back in his bedroom, "Matthew, wake up. You have got to come and see this!" I hear both of them in the bathroom discussing the peculiar nature of the toilet water. Adam comes out the kitchen and says, "Mom, I REALLY need to go to the bathroom, but um, the water, it's a... pink." I couldn't help but laugh. I told him he could go to the bathroom. Matthew didn't want to miss out on the fun so simultaneously they went the the bathroom. Adam comes back and declares that he doesn't want to flush because it is so awesome. I told him this is one Valentine he doesn't get to keep and to FLUSH.

We had our usual raspberry french toast for breakfast and this year it was accompanied with gargantuan rice krispy treats. Yummers and loves to all.




1 comment:

Sandi said...

I love the toilet Valentine!