Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam!






A whoppin' four years old. I can hardly believe he's four and yet I am relishing every new adventure he wants to take and thing that he is learning. I just listed Adam's top ten favorites from food to books, but since our blog isn't secure, I decided that probably isn't the wisest thing to post about a 4 year old child... so a few tidbits about him from mom -


Adam has started to read. I have been really surprised how quickly he has picked up on reading. It seems as if one day he woke up being able to sound out letters and make them into words. I don't think it was anything I taught him... just something he kind of "got" on his own.


Adam loves Matthew's companionship. They are the dearest of buds. They drive each other crazy at times, but always want to be together. I guess so they can always have someone to pick on.


Adam loves to pray but please don't ask him to do it in Primary. He hollers to be the one to get to pray at home, but put him in front of people and you might as well pull his arms off.


Adam has a very inquisitive mind. I think at times he got the mind of his Dad and the more mellow childhood personality of his Mom.


Adam HATES talking on the phone to anyone besides he Dad. Please don't ask to talk to Adam and if you do, plan to keep it short and sweet.


Adam is a BOY. He likes it loud and he likes it rough.


Adam loves to sit by his Dad at the piano and sing Primary songs. He swings his legs back and forth and when the chorus to "Follow the Prophet" comes along he belts it long and loud.


Adam is buddy. I think each of us in the family feel like he is our own special buddy. He is always a great companion.


For Adam's birthday we had a couple friends come to help us celebrate. He started out wanting a yellow triangle cake but at the last minute changed his mind and decided he wanted a giraffe cake. I am no artist and it was little unidentifiable, but after a couple star-tippin' hours we made the requested giraffe eating leaves. We sent the kids on a treasure hunt to find Adam's birthday party (in 32 degree weather) and then had cake and ice cream and presents. Adam's favorite present this year was a box of Mike and Ike candy although the grand gift was a bike. Please let spring come soon!

7 comments:

Keri said...

That cake turned out so good! You're really talented! What a sweet kid. I had no idea that he and Sydney are pretty close in age. (She will be 4 in July.) And, WOW, he's reading?!!

Ang said...

You amaze me still Girl. Adam's birthday party reminded me of the b-day parties my mom used to throw for me. A homemade cake with ice cream, balloons, a decorated table. You're an awesome mom!

Messimoo said...

Can you believe they are already 4? We're having B's b-day on Thursday. CRAZY! I am majorly impressed with your cakes. Soooo cute!

Heather said...

WOW, and the last time I saw you you were prego with him. WOW, time flies! And YEAH for reading at an early age...TRUST ME his teachers will appreciate that!

Nicole said...

What a cute cake! That is right up my ally, I love it - you are awesome. I can't believe how big Adam is, man time sure flies. Well we're headed to the midwest this summer. Moving to Milwaukee, I'm not sure I will be able to survive the winter!

Anonymous said...

So nice to catch up on the Jenson family life! Thanks for giving me the address! Charming little boys--Adam has just grown up so fast! Cute Cute Cute.

Fugere Family said...

I can see that you haven't posted anything in awhile so I hope that you get this. It's from an ol' Ricks college neighbor in Apt. 207 click on my name and check out my blog.