Monday, October 1, 2007

Matthew learned to pray

This past week I was headed out with the boys in the morning and we had forgotten to say morning time prayers. We were sitting in the car and I said that I would say the prayer. The boys were both quiet and as I began... "Heavenly Father," Matthew piped up with his precious little voice, "Heavenly Father." He proceeded to say each word that I said with a resounding "Amen!" at the end. It was a motherhood moment when you realize they see and hear far more than we will ever realize. They are capable of great things while yet so small. I was so grateful for my daily dose of a motherhood tender mercy. He has now become a regular in our prayer rotation. This is why I'm a mom.

1 comment:

Messimoo said...

That is so sweet! Your boys are adorable. I love having those tender Mom moments, they're so neat!